Monday, December 29, 2014

Goodbye 2014

Well, 2014 is coming to an end, and I can say without a doubt that this year has been the best of my life. There is absolutely nothing else I have done in my life that has been so fulfilling. I love serving the Lord, and the people here in Uruguay. It has been an incredible blessing for me. And honestly, this year FLEW by. I can remember January 1st like it was yesterday.
We enjoyed an incredible Christmas week. We spent it with many great members of the church, less active members and some investigators!! So on Christmas over here in Uruguay, people FEAST. Everyone barbeques buckets of meat and it is super good. On Wednesday night (Christmas eve) we went to Victor Silva´s house and he barbequed so much, and we ATE. And I woke up Christmas day with a stomach ache. And that same day we were invited to Christmas day lunch with Bishop and his whole family and they barbequed even MORE. And my stomach hurt even MORE. It was great. We stopped by a few less actives as well and it was a highly spiritual day. And I was able to talk to my family!!!
Later, we had a miracle. We were working with Hno. Varela and as we were walking down the street we passed a lady and he turned around (Brother Varela) shook her hand, introcuded himself and then just looked at me. I was taken by surprise, but immediately started talking to her. So her name is Mirtha, and she was extremely kind. She invited us in her home and we taught her the truth of the Restoration of the gospel. She loved it. She invited us to come again. So we came again the day after Christmas and shared with her even more of the beautiful gospel. At the end of that second lesson, she has a large smile on, true happiness across her face and then it abruptly stopped. She just looked at us as though she was ashamed, and with sincerity in her voice, asked us something that struck me. "What can I do to thank you?"
It was an incredible moment where the Spirit dwelled within each one of us. We invited her to church and she gladly accepted!!

I would like to repeat for the last time this year, with all the energy of my soul that I know The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church of Jesus Christ restored on the earth! He is our Lord, Savior and King. With the sacred calling I hold, I testify that one day, "every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is the Christ."

Happy New Years!
Elder Teloma

We had a white elephant activity







big snail

No comments:

Post a Comment