Monday, December 15, 2014

Rivera Week 2

This week was incredible! On Tuesday, we had a rehearsal for our Christmas fireside that we´ll be having on the 21st. After we walked over to Brazil for lunch. Then we came back for district meeting! Later that day we had the opportunity to work with Sebastian who is a young man, 16 years old. He is a convert of 3 and very active. We visited Carol, who has been investigating the church for a while, and we shared a nice Christmas message with her! We also visited Betty (an investigator) and her evangelical son, Jose, who at first showed no interest, then slowly started paying attention to the beautiful Plan of Salvation lesson that we were sharing.Great day.

Wednesday, we left to work with Brother Varela to visit some people he knew. Unfortunately we were not having too much success so we offered a prayer. Right after, we met Raquel and her daughter, Veronica and they invited us in their home and we taught the lesson of the Restoration!! It was amazing!

On Thursday, we went to Humberto who is a less active older man. Very nice man, but I will be honest. I could not teach him. So we walk into his patio and he has two small bird cages. One of them has a little parrot like bird, which was cool, and the other one had a ..........kitten. There was a tiny kitten trapped inside the tiny bird cage, and the thing was desperately trying to escape for its life. It was crying and climbing all over the place. I could not focus. Hahah. Sometimes, weird things happen here. But I´m not going to lie. I like it.
Then we met Yara who told us that she always felt something special about the missionaries and the message we present, so we taught her.
Later in the day we knocked on Rosa´s door. Rosa is a less active member of about 20 years. She answered and said "Look, I am an active member in another church, and I am not going to change." Then she stared at us and was like "Do you guys want to come in?" hahah what? So we came in. We talked,got to know her, and she made us fruit smoothies and oatmeal cookies. What a great experience! We will be passing by with another sister from relief society!

On Friday, we brought an investigator, Karen to the ward end of the year/christmas party and it was great!

Saturday, I was almost killed by a horse. So after a lesson, we crossed a large field and got to a little river. I crossed the bridge and saw a massive horse running full speed towards us. Then once it was about 20 feet away, it stopped and stared at me. I was confused and scared for my life. Then it SPRINTED right at me...... I stood completely still thinking that that was it for me. It sprinted right by me, ran over the bridge and ran to the field to eat grass...... I was in its way. Whoops. I survived.
Later we worked with Brother Varela again who is a stud. Some crazy guy was yelling at us and tried to hit me, so we got out of there (: We met many great people as well.

On Sunday, I gave a talk. I spoke about my mom´s conversion, in Spanish, and I feel the Spirit strongly. The talk brought tears to my eyes as well as the members. Sunday was just a very special day as always.

Well, we had a great week over here in Rivera,and next week will be even better. I love the Lord Jesus Christ. I know that He lives and that He is the head of this church.

Elder Teloma

That´s our house

Uh yeah....

This is not the horse that almost killed me

Niki and Seba

Brasil

The Brazil and Uruguay Border Line


No comments:

Post a Comment