Monday, January 19, 2015

Training!!!

Hey!!!
So on Wednesday at 12:30am, I traveled the whole country to pick up my brand new companion in Montevideo!I arrived to Montevideo at 7:30am and met the other missionaries who were going to train. We all took taxis to the Montevideo Temple and met our new companions who had just come from the airport!
And......I am going to train ELDER RAMOS!!!! WHOO. He is the coolest missionary ever! He came prepared. He is a great guy to be around and we will be learning alot together these next 3 months! We spent the afternoon over there in Montevideo and had a great time getting to know eachother! Then we went to the bus station and took our 7 hour bus ride back home to Rivera (:

On Thursday, we had the first district meeting of the change! Aaaaand I have the exact same district!!! Every single missionary in my district is training!!!! (or being trained) It is super awesome! We had a great district meeting where we had the opportunity to get to know eachother and all that good stuff!!

Friday, we got to WORK. We had a lesson with the Gonzalez family, that is less active. And it was an incredible lesson. The older daughter Angelica has been less active for a while now, and when I asked her why she chose to get baptized last year, she said she wanted to set an example for her daughter. We were reading 2nd Nephi 31:10. And she nearly quoted verse :5 without reading it. So I asked her to read verse :5 and her face was priceless. She was in shock. It was a spiritual moment. We also visited Gabriela (an investigator)!! We taught her about the Plan of Salvation. It was a great lesson. Before we even shared the lesson, she explained to us some of her beliefs about Adam and Eve, and the plan, and it is exaclty what we believe and teach! We are NOT accountable for Adam and Eve´s transgression!

On Saturday, we met Jesus Escobar! He is the brother of a member from my last ward Cerro 16!!!! We met him and he is a solid guy who knows what he wants! I extended the baptismal invitation to him and he accepted it!
Then we had an exceptional lesson with Jorge. This is a guy we met last week (in his 40s) and he listened to us. We came back Saturday, gave him a book of Mormon, and explained it. He actually showed alot of interest. We shared with him the moment that Jesus told all to get baptized. I then extended him the baptismal invitation, and he ACCEPTED it!! There is still alot to do, but we are super happy and excited to work with this son of God.

And that was the close to an exceptional week in the Lord´s vineyard. I can literally feel my testimony growing each day. As I sacrifice, my love for the people and this work grows. I love it here!

Elder Teloma

The street is Uruguay. The houses are in Brazil. 

Elder Ramos!







1 comment:

  1. Hi, Elder Marcel (or my Grandson Marcel). I read every one of your Blog "The Lord´s Work in Uruguay". I am not astonish but rather I can see within your writing that our Marcel has got a great belive. When you write - "We taught her about the Plan of Salvation. It was a great lesson" - you let the reader know about your own strong believe. Or you write - "This is a guy we met last week (in his 40s) and he listened to us - " . It must be fantastic experience to know that - some one listened to us - when you talk about your belive. Do that what you feel you have to do. Its great to read your "Blog. Opa Helge your Blog reader and "fan".

    ReplyDelete