Monday, April 27, 2015

SALTO

By far one of the best weeks of my life!
On Tuesday, we had a mission conference in Montevideo with Elder Dallin. H. Oaks, of the Quorom of the 12 Apostles. He shook every missionaries hand. 470 missionaries. It was an amazing experience. As I approached him, I could feel that I was approaching a prophet and apostle of God. It was incredible. He spoke to us on a variety of subjects, but what I will not forget is his golden advice. "Day by day, ask your Father in Heaven for forgiveness for what you did not do. Ask Him to help you improve each day. From there you will see more success." - Elder Ballard. His inspiring, prophetic words made a large postive impact on my mission and on my life!

On Wednesday, after a 7 hour bus ride home, with very little sleep, we arrived at our area at 6:30....The time that we wake up here and get to work. When I got home, I got on my knees and prayed with all my heart for the strength I would need to work that whole day. I knew I would be blessed with it, and I was. We taught the gospel of Jesus Christ to Maria, a great progressing investigator. We also taught Sister Chivel the Gathering of Israel and she understood!!!

Thursday, we had divisions! I had the opportunity to work with Elder Lopez, a brand new missionary from Peru!! It was a great experience! We were working with Hermana Melo and found some by contacting! Her name is Marta and told us that she was just looking at a picture of her nephew´s baptism (in our church) when we knocked on her door! (She is not a member, but some of her family is) And we know it was not a coincidence.

On Friday we met Erica Saam, who is German!! When she spoke in German, I felt as though my mom was talking. Or Oma and Opa!!! We also taught Maria the Plan of Salvation up to the point of the Atonement of Christ. On Saturday, we finished up that lesson and it was powerful and Maria understood completely!!

Sunday was amazing!!! Our investigator came to church and she participated alot! It was very nice to see! After church, we went to lunch with an Hermana and to our surprise they were cooking up a massive asado!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Uruguayan Barbeque) It was amazing! This country, without a doubt, has the best barbeque in the world. After, we had a ward activity (hosted by us) where we watched "Meet the Mormons". It was a complete success! Many people, including investigators came! This past week was great. And this upcoming will be even better!! I love the Lord. I know He gave His life for us willingly. And I will always be in debt for that.

"Self-Confidence is overrated. Confidence in the Lord is underrated."


No comments:

Post a Comment